Notes to Investors:
The answers to the FAQs below are prepared based on a generalised approach that may not relate to your particular circumstances. You are advised to seek independent legal or professional advice before taking action on matters that the FAQs have discussed. Please read the "Important Legal Information" on the SFC website before reading the answers.
- Special market conditions
- Listed company failure
- Intermediary failure
- Bank crisis
- The failed bank is the settlement bank of a brokerage or provides loans to the brokerage
- The failed bank is the bank where a fund keeps its cash reserves and settles investors' transactions
- The failed bank is the appointed trustee/custodian of an authorised fund
- An authorised fund holds debt instruments issued by the failed bank.
- The failed bank is the bank where a listed company safekeeps its cash