The Chin Family Website (www.thechinfamily.hk) is owned and managed by the Investor Education Centre ("IEC").
The IEC pledges to meet fully recognised standards of personal data privacy protection in complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("PDPO"). In doing so, the IEC will strive to ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
- Data collection and use
Personal data is collected by the IEC from visitors to this website on a voluntary basis. Personal data may include names, e-mail addresses and other contact details.
- The information you provide in the "Contact Us" section is used by the IEC for the purpose of responding to your enquiries, comments or suggestions or for a directly related purpose. The personal data will not be used for any other purposes, disclosed or transferred without your consent, unless such use, disclosure or transfer is permitted or required by law.
- Personal data collected from subscribers of the update service is used by the IEC to alert you, send you copies of the requested information and to compile statistics of readership of this website. The personal data will not be used for any other purposes, disclosed or transferred without your consent unless such use, disclosure or transfer is permitted or required by law.
- Personal data provided by a complainant will be used, disclosed or transferred only for those purposes related to the complaint, for discharging IEC's functions or where permitted or required by law. If the information provided is inaccurate or incomplete, consideration of the complaint may be affected.
- When you visit this website, a record of your visit is made as a "hit", which may show your domain name server address and the pages you have visited. No personally identifiable information is collected. The "hit" information allows the IEC to compile statistics about the number and types of visitors to this website.
- The IEC takes all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes (or any directly related purpose) for which the data is or is to be used, unless the retention is otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Personal data provided under the "Contact Us" section will be automatically deleted 90 days after any follow-up action has been completed or the fulfilment of the purposes for which the data was collected.
- Personal data provided when you sign up for the update service will automatically be deleted 90 days after you unsubscribe from the service.
- Personal data provided by a complainant will be retained for such period as may be necessary for the proper discharge of the IEC's functions.
The IEC takes appropriate steps to protect personal data it holds against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. All personal data you provide to the IEC under this website is secured on this website. Access is limited to authorised personnel within the IEC only. The transmission of any information online is not secured by encryption.
- Access and correction
If you wish to request access to and/or correction of your personal data held by the IEC, you may do so in writing addressed to the IEC, 21/F Cheung Kong Center, 2 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong. Please note that all data access requests should be made using the form specified by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data which is accessible from the following link:"Data Access Request Form". The IEC will handle access and/or correction requests in accordance with the PDPO. When handling a data access or correction request, the IEC will check the identity of the requestor to ensure that he/she is the person legally entitled to make the data access or correction request. The IEC has the right to charge a fee for processing of any data access request.
The IEC does not provide online facilities for you to delete or correct personal data held by the IEC.