Teacher Award for Business and Financial Education
The Teacher Award for Business and Financial Education (The Award) is jointly organised by Hong Kong Education City (HKEdCity) and Hong Kong Association of Business Education (HKABE), and supported by Education Bureau (EDB) and Investor Education Centre (IEC). It aims at promoting knowledge, skills, attitudes, motivations and behaviours in business and financial education among secondary schools in Hong Kong. It also contributes to a core action of the Hong Kong Strategy for Financial Literacy (HKSFL).
- To acknowledge good practices and recognise the efforts and contributions of teachers in business and financial education
- To raise financial literacy in the school sector
- To develop a sharing community among teachers on business and financial education
- All secondary school teachers have taught or promoted business and financial education
- Teachers can apply individually or as a team of not more than 3 teachers who are supported by their schools
- Outstanding Teacher Award in Business and Financial Education
5 winners - Cash prize of HK$8,000 and a trophy for each winner
- Student Empowerment Award in Financial Education
(Award for prominent performance in judging criteria 4)
1 winner - Cash prize of HK$10,000 and a trophy
Deadline of application and submission: 6 pm, 17 January 2018 (Wednesday).
An interview by panel of judges will be arranged for shortlisted candidates/teams on 24 February 2018 (Saturday).
The award presentation will be held at P.L.K. C.W. Chu College, Lung Hang Estate, Fu Kin Street, Tai Wai, Shatin on 10 March 2018 (Saturday).
Awardees' entries will be showcased on the website of HKEdCity.
For enquiry, please contact Teacher Award for Business and Financial Education.
17 October 2017