Finance and Financial Planning Basics (Dec 2012 - Feb 2013)
A series of ten 1-minute Cantonese radio dramas were broadcast on Metro Finance radio channel (FM104) and re-run on the archive of the Metro Finance application, highlighting several key issues about financial planning: goal setting, factors to consider, investment strategies, risk measurement and diversification, including stocks, bonds, funds, insurance and investment-linked assurance schemes (ILAS) in an investment portfolio and the rebalancing of a portfolio.
Short radio drama (in Cantonese)
- Why do we need financial planning? What factors should we consider?
- How to set practical investment goals to meet our liquidity needs?
- What investment strategies can I use for my investment portfolio?
- How can we measure of an asset and diversify risk of a portfolio?
- What should I consider in building my investment portfolio with stocks?
- What are the risks of investing in bonds?
- How to diversify the risk of an investment portfolio by buying into a fund?
- What is insurance for? How can it help our financial planning?
- How can we fit an investment-linked assurance scheme into our financial plan?
- How and how often should we review our investment portfolio?